I will be sharing more about my plan in the week(s) to come, but today, I am sharing one little (and kinda basic) thing that I plan on doing every day.
I really want my students listening, reading, and communicating. In particular, I want to have individual "interactions" with them. I plan on meeting face to face every day on Google Meet and to have lots of videos so they are getting input, but having one-on-one conversations might be tricky.
So, I have decided to have a "Pregunta(s) del Día" every day. Here is my plan:
- Students will watch a video of me saying the question and my answer. They will also see the text of what I say. I underlined some structures in my answer to help them with their answer.
- Students will upload a video of themselves answering the question. I loved seeing their videos today. I am not a super-sappy person, but I realized that I missed seeing them more than I realized.
- They will also submit their answer in a Google From that looks like this (see below). I have some extra questions in there the first day, but normally it will just be the "Pregunta(s) del Día".
- Then, the next day, during out Google Meet, I will choose some answers (easily collected in the Google Form) and share them (verbally) with the class. I will have them guess who said what. Students will get more input that might be about them (which = more engagement). Of course, I will be careful not to share anything too personal that they share in their videos.
- Here is the slideshow of the questions that I will be asking. Any suggestions for future questions?!?!