Right now, I have Spanish 2 and I have been exposing them to the past tense for a while now.
So, to give them some more input with the past tense and high frequency structures/vocabulario, I re-wrote that Spanish 1 story and put it in the past tense.
During this online learning period, I am using the Fluency Matters e-course El Ekeko with my Spanish 2 class, but they also do a story/song of the week each week.
They follow the same basic pattern. Here is an example of what they will do with this song story:
- Monday - Do this Edpuzzle with me telling them the story. As part of the Edpuzzle they will watch the video. Here is the slideshow if you would like to record yourself telling the story.
- Tuesday - Listen to the song, fill in the blanks, and translate.
- Tuesday-Friday - Sing the song. I really love it when the video has the CC with the song lyrics!
- Ongoing and due Friday - Do this Textivate Sequence. Here is the Textivate.
- Ongoing and due Friday - Do this Edpuzzle with the song and text of the story.
- Yo no sé - Edpuzzle. Here is the slideshow if you would like to record yourself.
- Yo no sé - Fill in and translate
- Yo no sé - Textivate Sequence and Textivate
- Yo no sé - Edpuzzle with music video and text of story.