Update: Here is a webinar from April 2022 that goes more in depth
If you have followed my blog, you may know that I use (and love) the Netflix show Go! Vive a tu manera (see posts here). I created some pre-watching and episode 1 resources for Novices a couple of years ago and I did a webinar about how I show the series in class.
I totally admit that the show is super cheesy, but it is the type of show that students grow to love/hate. The music is annoyingly catchy and I walk around singing Go! songs on Fridays.
I show it with SPANISH subtitles and then we do input-activities AFTER watching. The comprehensible input comes from the input-activities and teacher-led discussions, NOT from the subtitles!
Many teachers can't use Netflix at school and/or many teachers don't have the time to create input-activities for the series, so I am so excited to share that Voces Digital / Nuestra Historia has licensed the first ten episodes of the series and I, along with my colleague and CI extraordinaire, created Novice AND Intermediate input-driven activities for each episode. We spent A LOT of time watching Go! this summer and we are so happy to share these activities with other teachers. Here are some of the details:
- Each episode is divided into 6-7 parts.
- Each part has an input-driven activities, such as:
- Read a summary and fill in blanks
- Match the question to the answer
- Who said it?/Who did it?
- Who would say it/Who would do it?
- Match the picture to the descriptions.
- Subtitles are ONLY in Spanish. (See note above.)
- There are Novice AND Intermediate activities.
- The video/audio can be slowed down for easier comprehension (good for upper levels, who will comprehend some of the authentic audio).
- You can get a teacher subscription for $100/year. That would allow you to show it in class and print all of the activities.
- You can also pay more to get student accounts. That would allow you to show it in class and print all of the activities AND/OR have students do the activities on their own. Great for upper level students and Tarea Semanal!
- If you already have Nuestra Historia / Voces Digital, you have all of this in your account as of today!
- If you want a free trial, click here.