Update 8/30/21: There are already quite a few links to prepare, tell and review this story (a slideshow, 3 Quizlets, 2 Textivates, and a prediction activity), but I just updated the activities in the doc to include the following:
- Part 1a: Listen and draw
- Part 1b: Listen, look and id pic
- Simplified cloze activity for the song
I used this catchy song in January of 2019 at the end of my Cultura y Civilización course.
I wrote a story to go along with it and incorporated lots of structures and vocabulary that are in the song lyrics (arrepentido, rechazar, enterarse, olvidar, luce, lastimar). That story is good, but a bit too advanced for my students in September!
So, I wrote a simplified version of the story. It is in the present tense with basic structures (for the start of level 3+). You can find the text version here and the presentation here. There is also a cloze and translation activity for the song lyrics in the doc. Feel free to make copies and adapt! But, if you do, PLEASE share any enhancements or improvements that you make!
I also created these:
- Quizlet with vocabulario importante (for in class Quizlet Live)
- Quizlet with fill-ins to review first part of story (for in class Quizlet Live)
- Quizlet with fill-ins to review second part of story (for in class Quizlet Live)
- Textivate for part 1 (for outside of class)
- Textivate for part 2 (for outside of class)
I start school next week, but students don't start until the 14th. We have a hybrid model with two cohorts. One going to school on M/T and the other going on Th/F. Wednesday is remote for all with synchronous lessons. Some of these song/story activities will be done face to face, some on Wednesdays on Zoom/Meet, and some asynchronously.