I used this episode (saved here in Google Drive in case it disappears). Before watching a segment with one question, we played with that question in class. This doc has all the questions and answers and I am sharing it here in case anyone needs an authentic, engaging, go-to, fun, easy, low-prep activity!
A few things about this activity:
- This show repeats so much! So, if you tell students the questions ahead of time, they will know the context and be able to hear the questions several times.
- It might be a good idea to let students answer in English and then translate because they might not have the necessary vocabulary to answer some of the questions.
- This is a great show for students to see because it is in the United States and the 100 latinos that said something are from the U.S.. The contestants are from the U.S. and/or a variety of Spanish speaking countries.
- Students are familiar with the format, so it is easy for them to understand what is happening.
- Watching this show has been a favorite choice for Tarea Semanal... what a fun way to increase interpretive listening proficiency!