I love it when I have tons of engaging resources for a unit! For my "Corrida de Toros" unit these are the resources that we will use (I will use them in this order):
- A Cortometraje: Ferdinando El Toro
- An easy Presentación from Martina Bex: La Corrida de Toros
- A more challenging informational Video from VideoELE (not super engaging, but very informative! See below.)
- A Movie: Ferdinand
- Another cortometraje: Mirror Mirror (from Arianne Dowd)
- A book: Bianca Nieves y los siete toritos
- Another Movie: Blancanieves
One thing that I have struggled with in the past with this unit is introducing La Corrida de Toros. I have used infografías and a video in English, but this year Martina Bex's easy (for this level) presentation will be a great way to start.
Also, I came across tons of resources on this VideoELE site and decided to use some of what was shared there. I took the transcript for the video below and made this Interpretive reading/listening doc to go along with the video. Students will do the following:
- Write what the words in the word bank mean. Some they will know and some they will have to look up on wordreference.
- Read with partners/groups and fill in the blanks.
- Answer the questions in English. This will show that they understand what they are reading.
- Listen to the video and review answers together as a class.
- Play Quizlet Live to review the information.
- Watch the video... and hopefully understand the majority of it!
- Write a summary in Spanish of the information in the video.