Transitioning from Traditional
with Comprehensible Input Stories
- August 15th, 8:30-4:00 in Wolfeboro, NH.
- September 28th, 8:30-3:00 in Chico, CA. Click here for registration.
- Interested in hosting this workshop at your school? Email me at authres @ gmail dot com.
What? A six hour workshop for Spanish teachers who are interested in learning how to engage students with culturally embedded CI stories. Teachers will also receive a ton of resources, for a variety of levels, to use in the classroom.
Who? Kara Jacobs, Spanish Teacher, and blogger here at Comprehensifying and Extending Authentic Resources
Cost? $125 (includes coffee, bagels, danishes, and lunch)
How many? Minimum of 10 people and limited to 25, so we can have more opportunities to be a "class" and do some activities that students would do.
More details… Stories, for me, have been the best way for me to transition from teaching in a traditional way (grammar and vocabulary list focused) to a more proficiency focused style of teaching. Many of the stories that I use are based on authentic resources, such as: songs, music videos, cortometrajes, and/or movies so culture is automatically embedded.
This six hour workshop will include the following:
- Why stories are such a good bridge to teaching less traditionally and with more CI
- Five "CI Story Units" for levels 1-AP
- "I can" statements for each unit that are focused on proficiency
- Instructional strategies to give students tons of engaging Comprehensible Input during this type of "story unit"
- Culture that is embedded in the stories and how to extract the three cultural Ps
- How to highlight the AP themes in story units
- Assessments in the three modes of communication for each unit
- Tips on how to stay focused on proficiency and communication, instead of grammar and vocabulary
- A variety of tech tools that to use in the classroom, such as Flipgrid, Quizlet Live, Gimkit, Edpuzzle, and Quizizz
- Other CI strategies for transitioning away from traditional
- Other places to find similar resources
- A few suggestions "set up" the grade book with this method of teaching
If you have any questions, please email me at: ceauthres @ gmail.com
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario